Sunday, December 8, 2013

Home Alone Pranksters

When I got home from the party last night I walked to the back door of our house and saw in clear view a red light inside-- I looked closer and saw the video camera was pointed at the back door and was recording me.  So I stopped to look closer before I opened the door and when I looked up I saw right inside the door the bottom of a red bucket.

My husband and my oldest are just so amusing.  They apparently watched the movie Home Alone and then my oldest wanted to set up booby traps for when I got home and my husband helped him set up this contraption!

So when  I would walk in the bucket would tip and I would get hit with water -- not a lot was in it -- but still - really?!

The kids were asleep since it was midnight, but my husband just HAD to carry through and tape it anyway. However, he saw I a had a bunch of bags in my hand (went to Target before the party) and was worried if I would be mad if something in the bags got wet or my pocketbook.  So he then stopped me from coming in and asked me to hand over my bags before coming in.  I told him I knew what was going on, but he asked me to still go through with it for my son's sake.  

So like an idiot I did!  Although I didn't get wet -- I opened the door and the bucket tipped behind me and spilled on the floor.  

They are lunatics.

In addition to this, my husband is apparently out of ideas for the Elf on the Shelf so decided to duct tape him to the ceiling.  I was too tired to deal with it last night so left it.  Of course the kids ran down to find him and he had fallen to the floor.  They saw Elf on the Shelf the movie so know if they touch the elf he loses his magic.  So apparently they picked him up with tongs and put him on the table.

The rest of the day was less dramatic - we went to piano and I got the house in order.  My husband and I helped the kids make a gingerbread house too.  It's sort of sad looking and one (or all) of the kids are already sneaking the candy off since it's starting to look a little barren!

In the afternoon I headed to my sister-in-law and brother-in-law's new place to help them unpack for a few hours.

Before I left I marinated a whole chicken with a mixture of soy sauce, garlic, fresh ginger and cut out the back bone so all my husband had to do was grill it flat.  He also roasted potato wedges and made a big spinach salad.  So I walked in and dinner was ready.

Oriental Style Roast Chicken
I shredded the leftover chicken and tossed it in a pot with chicken broth, a leek, parsnips, carrots, celery, onion, fresh dill and parsley. Tomorrow all we'll have to do is heat it up.

It has been snowing for the past couple of hours.  Looking forward to getting under the covers to go to sleep -- goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment